- New maps: Citadel (Team Objective), Frigid (LTS, CTF, TD), several duel maps, CTF variants of Ruins
- New gamemodes: CTF, Duel
- Alternative starting-direction for swings and overheads (default: hold Alt before pressing the attack button)
- Various smaller improvements
- This is a BETA and there may still be bugs and issues we have not found in our internal testing.
Just to repeat: This patch does not yet contain all of the planned fixes and features from Content Update 1, and maps and new modes are not yet completely polished (for example, you will notice missing textures in maps, and the new UI elements haven't been artified yet).
We will only be hosting server(s) that are located in Virginia (US East) so if you do not get decent pings to that location, it is recommended you wait for the official release!
You will not be able to have both the beta and the official version of the game in your game list at the same time -- switching between the two versions will incur downloads of up to 1.3GB. You cannot play on non-beta servers while opted into the beta and vice versa.
Slots are limited as we can only host a limited number of servers!
If you have read the above and still wish to test the beta, please following these instructions:
1) Right Click "Chivalry: Medieval Warfare" on your game list
2) Hit Properties
3) Click on the "Betas" tab
4) In the dropdown menu, select the "Beta" branch. You should see "Successfully opted into the 'Beta' content beta.
5) Close the window and the next time you go to launch the game, Steam will automatically begin to download the update.
If you wish to go back to the release build, follow the above steps, except in the drop-down menu, select "NONE - Opt out of all beta programs."
Thanks for helping us test the patch!
TO (Citadel): Connect to server!
Duel #1: Connect to server!
Duel #2: Connect to server!
CTF: Connect to server!